Creating an Inclusive Community Takes Teamwork
At CVG, we are as strong as our team. Everyone on our team matters. And everyone deserves to feel valued, appreciated and included.
We know firsthand how innovative a diverse team can be. That’s why we’re continuously creating a company culture where people from all walks of life can connect and feel welcome.
Together, we are committed to:
- Providing a safe work environment that celebrates different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints
- Building an inclusive community diverse in age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, mental ability and genetic disposition
- Elevating our skills and understanding of diversity and inclusion through trainings, workshops and honest conversations
CVG is proud to support action and initiatives that encourage diversity, inclusion and social justice:
- Diversity & inclusion awareness training for all salaried personnel
- Required consideration of diverse candidates for all management level positions
Our DEI Mission
As a global company, CVG strives to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities where we live and work.
We recognize that diversity of race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, age and thought combine to create a work environment where all backgrounds and perspectives are respected and everyone can be their best. Our shared diversity mission is to build and sustain a diverse workforce and to advance a global culture of acceptance and inclusion.
How We Define DEI
As a team, it’s our goal to increase diversity, equity and inclusion at CVG. We define each of these initiatives as:
Diversity – Dignifying (seeing value in) people and the ways we are the same and different.
Equity – Eliminating disparities due to race and gender, and sharing power with those different from us by encouraging the personal initiative of all employees at every level.
Inclusion – The extent to which people feel they belong and can fully participate.
A Letter from President & CEO Harold Bevis
Over this past year, the world has seen and weathered many storms. As we start to see lighter days, we look to grow as an organization through our people and communities. The global pandemic separated us. However, social movements and awareness are bringing us together.
One of my goals as CEO of CVG is to encourage a diverse workforce in people and thought. I have tasked the leaders of CVG to create a Diversity Equity Inclusion (DEI) Council to spearhead this initiative.
We define DEI as:
- Diversity – Dignifying (seeing value in) people and embracing the ways that we are the same and different.
- Equity – Eliminating disparities due to race and gender, and sharing power with those different from us by encouraging the personal initiative of all employees at every level.
- Inclusion – The extent to which people feel they belong and can fully participate.
Increasing DEI within CVG will allow us to continue to grow as a team, individuals, and our communities.
We are growing as an organization. We are focused on creating an equitable and inclusive environment for our associates and the communities that we serve.
Membership & Community Involvement